Presenting the Best Sounding Exhausts on the Planet™ for the C8 Corvette:
- Bespoke, asymmetric exhaust design unlocks unprecedented tone and performance
- Max gains of 19 hp and 15 ft-lbs of torque at the wheels
- Available as Touring Edition or rowdy Track Edition, both with straight-through designs for maximum performance
- Patented drone-canceling 180 Technology® (Touring Edition)
- Engineered to defeat the dreaded in-cabin tone change between V4 and V8 modes (Touring Edition)
- Handcrafted from 3” CNC mandrel-bent, U.S.-made .065” wall T304L stainless steel
- Robust 8” flex sections isolate engine movement and increase durability
- Weight savings of 31 lbs (Touring Edition) and 39 lbs (Track Edition) compared to stock
- Tip options include quad 4.5” double-walled slash cut tips in chrome silver or diamond black
- Includes AWE AFM Valve Simulators and aluminum heat shield
- Rigorously tested in a drag-environment, road-course environment and via long term street testing
- No effect on factory emissions equipment
- Direct bolt-on, no cutting
- AWE Perfect fitment Guarantee
- AWE No CEL Guarantee
- AWE Lifetime warranty
- Proudly engineered, designed, and manufactured in-house at AWE
Touring Edition Exhaust
At the intersection of sophistication and aggression lies the Touring Edition Exhaust. A dual 3” T304L stainless steel cat-back configuration, the AWE Touring Edition Exhaust is the perfect dose of steel for drivers looking for straight-pipe performance without sacrificing perfect daily drivability: a deep, sophisticated, exotic exhaust note with zero drone at highway speeds -- and V4 mode!
Thanks to the asymmetric design, the number of necessary bends is minimized, thus removing the unwanted restriction in flow while facilitating impressive gains across the entire powerband. Paired with robust internally-lined stainless steel flex sections upstream, engine movement is significantly isolated, enabling life-long durability for peace of mind. Going the asymmetric approach also allowed us the opportunity of creating a bespoke cross-over section with entries from both the top and the bottom. Doing this we're able to achieve a rich and aggressive exhaust note out of the LT2 whether it be at idle, rev, or WOT.
Beyond the unique crossover, the Touring Edition brings up the rear in proper fashion by featuring AWE’s patented drone-canceling solution, 180 Technology®, which targets and omits drone-prone frequencies while defeating the dreaded in-cabin tone change when switching between V4 and V8 modes.
What’s this mean for you? You’ll be tuned into a pure, full-bodied LT2 soundtrack unlike any other without sacrificing in-cabin refinement, all while saving 31 lbs over stock.
Sound Perfection: AWE 180 Technology®
Perfect tone, compliments of AWE 180 Technology®.
As exhaust gases exit the LT2 engine and flow into an AWE 180 Technology® equipped resonator, they pass through strategically located ports, and into reflection chambers. Sound waves, carried by these exhaust gasses, bounce off the walls of the reflection chambers. By controlling the size and location of the ports and the chambers, we also control when the sound waves exit the chambers. The specific timing of when the reflected sound waves rejoin the main exhaust flow creates a one-hundred-and-eighty-degree out-of-phase sound wave that cancels out problematic frequencies. More on AWE 180 Technology® in the tab above.
As a finishing touch, the included aluminum heat shield bolts to the bumper (via factory mounting locations) and resides neatly behind the exhaust, out of sight, with only an AWE logo showing through the rear mesh to let everyone know what team you’re on.
Why’d we go with an aluminum solution versus a heat blanket? Heat blankets are susceptible to waterlogging and material break-down over extended periods of time. By crafting the headshield out of aluminum it provides a true, lifetime solution.
We made it easy to convert between Track and Touring Edition configurations if you decide at a later date to change your volume or aesthetic.
The Touring and Track Edition Exhausts feature statement-making quad 4.5” tips, double-walled, slash-cut tips in either chrome silver or diamond black, complete with a stamped AWE logo.
What’s in the box?
Complete Touring or Track Edition Exhaust, four 102mm double-walled tips in the desired finish, aluminum AWE heat shield, pair of AWE AFM Valve Simulators, and all necessary hardware for installation.