*Now includes ATI SFI approved balancer as part of the package*
The ultimate solution for making power with your supercharged 5.0L. We have engineered the only available 10-rib conversion and OD balancer solution for the VMP, Roush, and Whipple 2.3L supercharger kits that use the rear shiv or 1st belt shiv on the engine (closest to the block). If using a Roush supercharger, machining-down of your Roush nose drive (black portion of blower) may be needed to accommodate 10-rib pulleys. Kits available with or without AC provisions.
Our kit includes:
10 Rib belt not included
- ATI balancer 918047N
- VMP 10-rib 15% overdrive pulley ring with 3 bolts and washers
- VMP Heavy Duty Tensioner w/wider smooth pulley
- Low profile water pump pulley with rear lip removed for clearance (same diameter)
- 10-rib AC pulley, nickel plated, with shim kit (If opting to keep AC)
- 10-rib ribbed ""spider"" idler for tensioner with HD bearing
- 75mm idler (lower position on FEAD, behind water pump)
- Smooth Idler pulley for upper FEAD bracket (75mm, 90mm, or 100mm, your choice)
- Low profile tensioner for clearance of 15% ring
- Needed spacers and hardware
, please see belt reference guide below. All recommended belt lengths are based on 66mm supercharger pulley and 90mm FEAD idler, your belt size may vary:
|Lower manifold year||Belt with AC||Belt without AC|
|2015-2017||k120825 (remove 2 ribs)||k100688|
*SC pulley purchased separately, 10-rib blower pulleys available in 75mm, 69mm, 66mm, and 63mm (VMP blower only). Selecting the dual key way option may delay shipment as the second key way is added to the balancer after receiving the order.
Installation is as simple as swapping all the included pulleys. Grinding of the front cover must be very good, and in the case of the upper boss and ribs, flush. The AC clutch should be shimmed .015-.020"" of clearance, basically where you have to rock the cover back and forth for it to touch the face. There needs to be enough room for the face to get a running start when the magnet powers up and pulls it towards the AC pulley to engage the compressor. Pulleys should be installed with the snap-ring facing out or visible.
The installation video can be found - Here
Roush snouts will need machined to accept 10 rib pulleys. VMP TVS snouts are machined back 2.550" from the hub face. Customers using a 63mm pulley will need the hub and snout diameters machined down to 2.120-2.130". VMP TVS snouts are already this diameter (with some early model exceptions).