All new! The VMP Heat Exchanger incorporates dual 11" fans and a 13" tall core, the largest in the industry. Plus, TRIPLE PASS TECHNOLOGY! This is the ultimate cooling solution at the most affordable price.
We developed this heat exchanger to deal with the rigors of driving our VMP TVS Supercharged Boss 302 Mustang on the road course. Through track and dyno testing we have found that our heat-exchanger keeps temps low enough to maintaining consistent power output even during a 20 minute high-speed on-track session on a brutal 90F Florida day. We stuffed the largest core possible under the stock bumper. Dual-fans help keep air moving over the core at low speeds, stoplights, and in the staging lanes. Fans are an essential part of making a larger heat exchanger work. Three passes of the water through this huge core lowers temperatures as much as possible.
The 2013-2014 GT500 features the best cooling system to ever come from the factory in a Shelby, but lacks fans for low speed cooling on the street and strip. In a drag race situation where you are sitting in the staging lanes between runs the intercooler fluid just becomes more and more heat soaked. By running the pump and fans between runs you can easily see .2-.3 drop in ET. Our triple pass design also provides lower IATs than the OE unit.
Lower intake temps allow for more timing and more power, the dual fan design keeps air moving at all times for the lowest possible temperature in any situation.
Heat exchanger is 13.25" tall, 28" wide, and 2" thick. Measurements do not include fans, mounting brackets or inlet/outlet.
VMP Heat exchanger with twin 11" Spal fans
Sealed Dual Relay/Sealed Dual Fuse wiring harness - Plug and Play for your application (select when ordering)
Mouting hardware for heat exchanger
Mounting bracket for intercooler pump (excluding 13-14 GT500)
Features of the VMP Heat Exchanger:
- Works with Whipple, Kenne Bell, Roush, Magnuson, Edelbrock superchargers
- Works with air-water intercoolers on Vortech centrifugal superchargers
- High efficient triple pass design cools the water three times for lower temps vs. OEM single pass
- Increased HP due to intake temperature drop compared to stock
- Plug and play harness connects inline with the intercooler pump circuit to trigger fan relays
- Drop in intake temp at wide open throttle due to the improved capacity
- Cool-down in the staging lanes possible by running fans and pump
- Quicker cool down in between runs at the track
- Helps prevent heat soak and detonation due to increased intake temps
- Moves the intercooler pump out of the grill for improved airflow
- Simple do-it-yourself bolt on installation
- Increases coolant capacity
- Furnace brazed core (no epoxies) with beautifully tig welded tank construction
- Dual 11" fans provide the ultimate in airflow at all vehicle speeds
- Each unit is pressure-tested before it is shipped.
13-14 GT500 the VMP HE is a direct drop in on regular and track-pak cars, minor trimming of the plastic shields above the HE is required.
*In 2014 the VMP HE became a triple pass design, water goes in the driver side, and out the passenger side, Afco and older VMP models were a double pass design and thus had a different hose routing.