- Direct fit for 2019+ Ford Ranger with 2.3L EcoBoost
- Includes direct-fit hoses with pre-installed quick-disconnect fittings
- Durable 2.5mm thick steel bracket mounts the catch can out of the way of other engine components and isolates it from engine vibration for a lifetime of service
- Fits with stock Lariat engine cover
- 3 oz. capacity for longer service intervals
- CNC-machined aluminum barbed fittings create a secure connection between lines and can
- Internal air diverter increases air turbulence to improve oil separation
- Helps maintain proper octane levels to reduce potential detonation
- Filters and can are fully serviceable
- Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
- Patent #US D884,760 S
The 2019+ Ford Ranger is part of a new generation of American trucks. With its direct-injected, turbocharged engine and up to 7,500 lbs. of towing capacity, the 2019+ Ranger is focused on combining efficiency with capability. The 2.3L EcoBoost engine under the hood of the Ranger produces over 310 lb-ft. of torque to let you roam free, but the direct-injection that makes that power possible also places it at risk for carbon buildup.
Blow-by is a natural occurrence in any internal-combustion engine, but direct-injected engines are particularly susceptible to the carbon buildup it can cause. Without fuel washing over the back of the engine’s intake valves, blow-by is free to accumulate and the heat of combustion eventually turns that blow-by into hard carbon deposits. As those carbon deposits build up, they rob the 2.3L EcoBoost of air, reducing power and fuel economy. If left completely unchecked, the carbon buildup can get so bad that the engine loses compression and begins to misfire.
To help prevent these issues, Mishimoto has developed a direct-fit catch can kit for your 2019+ Ranger 2.3L EcoBoost. Our catch can intercepts the blow-by, preventing it from entering the intake and coating the intake valves. The oil, fuel, and water vapor in the blow-by is condensed by our catch can’s internal baffle and air diverters, while a 50-micron bronze filter on the outlet of the catch can removes carbon and other particulate. This system ensures that the only thing moving through your intake is clean air.
As with all our direct-fit catch can kits, this 2019+ Ranger 2.3L EcoBoost catch can kit comes with direct-fit lines and bracket that securely mounts the catch can without any cutting or drilling. Our 2019+ Ford Ranger 2.3L EcoBoost catch can is also backed by our Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty for a lifetime of protection.
(1) Application-Specific Mounting Bracket
(1) 3 fl oz Black, Anodized 6061 Aluminum Catch Can
(2) CNC-Machined Aluminum Barbed Fittings
(2) Direct-Fit Hoses w/ Pre-installed Quick-Disconnect Fittings
(2) High-Torque Worm Gear Clamps
(4) Zip Ties
(2) Tree Clip Zip Ties
Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
After installation, Mishimoto recommends checking the contents of the baffled catch can every 1,000 miles until a baseline is established. Oil blow-by accumulation will vary with ambient temperatures and driving conditions. It is important that the contents of the can do not rise above the internal baffle.